Marching Orders



I offer a sampling from the rich poetic fare of friend Anthony Gomez of Moncks Corner, South Carolina:

Don’t let me hold myself back
Don’t let my own doubts dissuade me
Don’t allow the enemy’s dark clouds of insecurity pervade me
Crack open the blinds
Let Your Son Light stream in
Light it up Lord
Light it up…
Like when The Word Alive said:
“Let there be!”

Don’t let that circuit breaker trip again please
i’m asking humbly in prayer on my knees
Breaking curses
severing bail-bonds
trading stocks in hearses
investing in Saviour’s bonds
Your redemption center open 24/7
bring recyclables in
leave with a significant amount of change

 Nothing surmounts Thy Holy name
not seeking glory nor fame
this is no game
can no longer operate in shame
tempered in flames
Your name I proclaim
YESHUA!

Been barking up all the wrong trees
disturbing the peace
of innocent birds and bees
novelty store wind up chattering teeth
like miniature bear traps clamping onto my toes
hidden in piles of leaves

Carve Your initials in me J.C.
set me loose to roll up my sleeves
from a gurney flat-lined
to Glory bumps scintillating and Divine
healed a broken mind
fulfilling a destiny pre-defined
set a course for a brand new journey
deployed and re-assigned

 enemy’s crosshair’s on me
once alarmed me
now…paid no mind
So obsessed with one man
and overlooking…
a surrounding army!


See more of Anthony's stuff at http://salvoesinfaith.wordpress.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Materials Right Here

James Tissot, Jesus Chronicler

All the Best