The Lover Ponders






Can you not get it? I am ravished by you. Saw your potential when I first took hold. Passed by many others, you know; and that is my prerogative.

When you consider Ruth and the story of her gentle courtship out in the fields of Boaz. That was my heart for you.

When you turn a look toward my garden of spices in the Canticles, do you not yearn for more of my delights?

When you wince at the waywardness of Hosea's wife, you sense a little of what challenges me in holding on. No I will not make light of my covenant...not ever.

When you see Mary of Bethany pouring the fragrance upon Jesus' feet and crying out her loyalty, you are coming near to my hope for you.

When you admire the stamina of Lydia at the riverside, praying yet again for the revelation of Grace that does in fact come through Paul, you see the champion that I envision in you.

When you accompany John and behold the Bride, the Heavenly City, descending from Heaven, you begin to appreciate how intensely I treasure this thing called marriage.

Now would you please rest in the assurance of my fidelity? Not going away, Beloved. Not ever deaf to your cries; nor to the abuse you sometimes suffer for my namesake.

Believe me, my Love, this thing of ours can only get better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Materials Right Here

James Tissot, Jesus Chronicler

All the Best