Noon-Hour Lesson



She pecked at the sidewalk so gently
White cane all over the place
And cars passed her by in a frenzy.
Determined, the look on her face
And smiling, though pacing through darkness
And probably so all her days
And I fretting some little problem
And feeding my small, selfish ways.
Oh how I was urged to pull over
Embrace those two shoulders so brave
And tell her Light comes in the Morning
With One oh so willing to save.
And might He step out of the ether?
And put His two hands on her eyes?
Dear Christ come to this little Sister
With glimpses of your Paradise.

Comments

  1. This is beautiful Doug! Thanks for sharing your poetry with me. Your insights and amazing imagery always inspire me. May the Lord continue to bless your work and make you a blessing to His people, IJN~ Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Materials Right Here

James Tissot, Jesus Chronicler

All the Best